Lockdown Diary Three - March 28, 2020

 I caught the sun, trying to sneak in over the horizon.


I am still getting 1 litre of milk delivered to my door each morning, too much for me to use, and the small freezer is jammed. In the morning I took a tall glass of boiled milk down and offered it to the watchman, who is also trapped.  He smiled and refused. I wonder if he thought I am sick.  I should have offered an unopened packet, but then he would have had to boil it.

I ate a frozen peanut butter cookie. Not bad. I ate salad, trying to finish the fresh food. It was too late for the cucumber, though.

As I did my housework, I listened to the podcast, The Fall of Civilisations. Today’s subject was China’s Han Dynasty. The author/narrator’s measured speech is solemn but soothing, putting my small inconveniences into a much larger context. 

I culled my fiction shelves, working backward alphabetically. I have reached L.

No comments: