Lockdown Diary Five - March 30, 2020

 Woke up at 5:30 again. I hope this isn’t going to become a habit. Had problems getting to sleep at night, too. I am thinking of ways to exorcise the bed, or maybe move into the guest room for a while. 

I watched hours of a Turkish historical serial on netflix: Resurrection – Ertugrul. 

Beautiful faces, landscape, clothing. Lots of galloping horses and swordfights, because it’s about the establishment of the Ottoman Empire. Nice background music too. What more could one ask for? In Turkish with subtitles.

I tried to listen to the Turkish and pick out some of the words that have made their way into Urdu / Hindi (insaaf, adaalat, munaasib, zaalim… so many). In fact, I googled and found an interesting research paper online:

Common Vocabulary In Urdu and Turkish Language

I made cold brew coffee liqueur! That was exciting, though I can’t try it for a few days.  I got the recipe on thrillist.com: https://www.thrillist.com/drink/how-to-make-cold-brew-coffee-liqueur

I didn’t have Demerara sugar, so I used half white and half jaggery. No one’s going to punish me for that, I hope? And my coffee comes from Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters in Delhi. They sell single-plantation beans, and roast them just for you.


No comments: