Special Double Extra Thick



I felt the urge to bind a book. I wanted it to be fun, and to allow mistakes. I collected an assortment of papers, in different sizes and shapes. Some of them had my sketches on them, some were printed; most are blank.


I took covers from two old books and cut them to size. I usually cover them with paper or cloth, but this time I left them as they were.



The elephant came from the cover of a bedraggled file folder.


I bound it with Coptic binding, and used eyelets for the first time. As a bonus, the back cover came with a cobra.

It felt like a good thing to do, at the beginning of the year.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Nancy, you totally remind me of my 8 year old Sahar who is alos going through a phase of creating notebooks and then filling them up with her artwork.
I've had this page opened on my browser for a week now. The neatness, creativity, simplicity is mesmerizing.
Love, N