In the Dream

Poetry Thursday inspired me again:

In the Dream

You bent over me smiling
I in my white cotton dress
(though really you were someone else).

Then

a woman
splayed into an X
for DANGER for NO
fell
endlessly slowly
into a giant sinkhole.

It is about the past
and the message is
KEEP BACK FROM THE EDGE.

I didn't need to be told so much
just because I found
crumpled
brown-spotted
behind something
a page of calligraphy:

Urdu loops and curves
woven into a poem
spooling backward.

love is an ocean of fire ||
in which you must drown ||

4 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Very dreamlike.

gautami tripathy said...

"Urdu loops and curves
woven into a poem
spooling backward."

Quaint....

SquareTraveler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SquareTraveler said...

This is very nice. I like how it changes directions before streaming lucidly to its conclusion.