Coonoor: A Morning Walk

On my first morning in Coonoor, in the cool Nilgiri hills, I went for a walk. Here are some of the things I saw:


All Saints' Church


A troop of monkeys living in style above a roadside garbage heap


Empty, meandering one-lane roads lined with wildflowers


Attractive bungalows, half-hidden behind trees


A No Tresspassing sign -- but since it was in Tamil I felt that I could ignore it ;). I walked down a path and saw


A tea garden, planted on a steep hillside, with a gurgling stream at the bottom, and forest rising on the opposite side


Dilapidated but charming buildings


More tea gardens, with a poor section of town below


A dead rat


Flowers!

4 comments:

Bloomgirl... said...

Hey i've been to chennai... But this is a very beautiful side of TN which I had never seen...! I really liked the pics..!

Bloomgirl... said...

By the way i'm new to blogging.... Visit me someday..........

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

I visited the site after an eon. You seem to be back in your swing.

Good...very good... Now I will visit more often.

Loved your pictures
Charu

Miriam Sagan said...

I really enjoyed this.